4th Test, Day 1: India vs England – Statistical Highlights
Nagpur: Statistical highlights of the first day`s play of the fourth and final cricket Test between India and England here on Thursday.
Jonathan Trott is averaging 24.90 against India as compared to his overall Test average of 47.91.
Piyush Chawla, at Nagpur, is playing in his third Test -- his last Test was against South Africa at Kanpur in April 2008.
The leading wicket-taker in the series, Pragyan Ojha has failed to take a wicket on the first day of the Test. Ojha, with 19 wickets at 27.68 runs apiece, is all set to become the first bowler to take 20 wickets in the current series.
By facing 1192 balls, amassing 549 runs at an average of 91.50 in the present series, Cook has set a record for facing the most balls by an England batsman in a Test series in India.
Cook has surpassed Dennis` Amiss` tally of 1176 balls in the five-Test series in 1976-77. Amiss had totalled 417 runs (ave. 52.12), including a hundred and two fifties.
Ishant Sharma (2/32) has registered his best bowling figures in five Tests this year.
Kevin Pietersen is the fourth batsman after Alastair Cook (1236), Michael Clarke (1358) and Hashim Amla (1064) to complete 1,000 runs in 2012, aggregating 1047 at an average of 45.52 in 14 Tests.
This instance is the fourth when Pietersen has totalled 1,000 runs in a calendar year -- the first three occasions being 2006, 2007 & 2008.
Pietersen`s 29th fifty in Tests (73 off 188 balls) is his sixth against India. His strike rate of 38.82 is his second lowest when he has registered a 50-plus in an innings -- his lowest strike rate being 38.63 while hitting 51 off 132 balls against the West Indies at St.John`s in 2008-09.
Pietersen`s record against India is brilliant in Tests -- 1575 runs (ave.60.57) in 16 Tests. He became the third batsman after Cook (549) and Pujara (412) to manage 300 runs or more in the current rubber - 332 at an average of 55.33 in four Tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what