All eyes on Dhoni as India team practises in Ranchi
Ranchi: All eyes were on skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who looked in a good mood on his home ground, as the India team practised for two-and-a-half hours ahead of their third One-Dayer against England, to be held on Saturday here.
Sporting a big smile, Dhoni was the first to enter the HEC International Cricket Stadium ahead of the team bus and exchanged pleasantries with JSCA (Jharkhand State Cricket Association) officials.
He took a stroll even as his other teammates joined him for a net session.
Although the players stayed away from the rigours of nets, coach Duncan Fletcher was seen knocking a few balls.
Indians had an good catching practice session and the football game, which usually marks the start of their net session, took place at the end today as Yuvraj Singh joined them late at the ground.
England, meanwhile, cancelled their scheduled afternoon practice on Thursday.
The five-match ODI series is currently levelled at 1-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi