All eyes on Dhoni as India team practises in Ranchi
Ranchi: All eyes were on skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who looked in a good mood on his home ground, as the India team practised for two-and-a-half hours ahead of their third One-Dayer against England, to be held on Saturday here.
Sporting a big smile, Dhoni was the first to enter the HEC International Cricket Stadium ahead of the team bus and exchanged pleasantries with JSCA (Jharkhand State Cricket Association) officials.
He took a stroll even as his other teammates joined him for a net session.
Although the players stayed away from the rigours of nets, coach Duncan Fletcher was seen knocking a few balls.
Indians had an good catching practice session and the football game, which usually marks the start of their net session, took place at the end today as Yuvraj Singh joined them late at the ground.
England, meanwhile, cancelled their scheduled afternoon practice on Thursday.
The five-match ODI series is currently levelled at 1-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film