All eyes on Dhoni as India team practises in Ranchi
Ranchi: All eyes were on skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who looked in a good mood on his home ground, as the India team practised for two-and-a-half hours ahead of their third One-Dayer against England, to be held on Saturday here.
Sporting a big smile, Dhoni was the first to enter the HEC International Cricket Stadium ahead of the team bus and exchanged pleasantries with JSCA (Jharkhand State Cricket Association) officials.
He took a stroll even as his other teammates joined him for a net session.
Although the players stayed away from the rigours of nets, coach Duncan Fletcher was seen knocking a few balls.
Indians had an good catching practice session and the football game, which usually marks the start of their net session, took place at the end today as Yuvraj Singh joined them late at the ground.
England, meanwhile, cancelled their scheduled afternoon practice on Thursday.
The five-match ODI series is currently levelled at 1-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak