All eyes on Dhoni as India team practises in Ranchi
Ranchi: All eyes were on skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who looked in a good mood on his home ground, as the India team practised for two-and-a-half hours ahead of their third One-Dayer against England, to be held on Saturday here.
Sporting a big smile, Dhoni was the first to enter the HEC International Cricket Stadium ahead of the team bus and exchanged pleasantries with JSCA (Jharkhand State Cricket Association) officials.
He took a stroll even as his other teammates joined him for a net session.
Although the players stayed away from the rigours of nets, coach Duncan Fletcher was seen knocking a few balls.
Indians had an good catching practice session and the football game, which usually marks the start of their net session, took place at the end today as Yuvraj Singh joined them late at the ground.
England, meanwhile, cancelled their scheduled afternoon practice on Thursday.
The five-match ODI series is currently levelled at 1-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal