Bairstow to miss ODIs against India
London: Wicketkeeper batsman Jonny Bairstow will miss England`s One-day tour of India next month due to an illness in the family.
The 23-year-old Bairstow has been replaced in the squad by Joe Root, who made his England debut in the fourth Test against India in Nagpur.
Bairstow was a part of the England`s Test and Twenty20 squads against India but had to fly back home prior to the second and final T20 match before Christmas, for the same reason.
England will play a five-match ODI series against India, commencing in Rajkot on January 11.
He will remain at home with his family but is expected to join the English team for the T20 and ODI series against New Zealand in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why