Bairstow to miss ODIs against India
London: Wicketkeeper batsman Jonny Bairstow will miss England`s One-day tour of India next month due to an illness in the family.
The 23-year-old Bairstow has been replaced in the squad by Joe Root, who made his England debut in the fourth Test against India in Nagpur.
Bairstow was a part of the England`s Test and Twenty20 squads against India but had to fly back home prior to the second and final T20 match before Christmas, for the same reason.
England will play a five-match ODI series against India, commencing in Rajkot on January 11.
He will remain at home with his family but is expected to join the English team for the T20 and ODI series against New Zealand in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi