Bairstow to miss ODIs against India
London: Wicketkeeper batsman Jonny Bairstow will miss England`s One-day tour of India next month due to an illness in the family.
The 23-year-old Bairstow has been replaced in the squad by Joe Root, who made his England debut in the fourth Test against India in Nagpur.
Bairstow was a part of the England`s Test and Twenty20 squads against India but had to fly back home prior to the second and final T20 match before Christmas, for the same reason.
England will play a five-match ODI series against India, commencing in Rajkot on January 11.
He will remain at home with his family but is expected to join the English team for the T20 and ODI series against New Zealand in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?