BCCI curator expresses satisfaction with Kochi pitch
Kochi: BCCI Curator P R Viswanadh on Saturday expressed satisfaction with the pitch prepared for the second India-England ODI scheduled to be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here on January 15.
Viswanadh said he was fully satisfied with the pitch.
"We are ready to hold the match even tomorrow. It is hard and has enough grass and is a batting pitch," he told reporters after the pitch inspection.
Meanwhile, Kerala Cricket Association Secretary T C Mathew said all preparations for the ODI are complete. About 2000 policemen would be deployed for ensuring security.
Except for a few gallery tickets, all other tickets have been sold out, he said.
Mathew assured that the only eatables checked by the health inspectors would be allowed inside the stadium.
Meterological department sources said rain would not play spoilsport as in 2010 when the India-Australia match had to be abandoned without even a ball being bowled.
The two teams are expected to be here by 5.45 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video