BCCI curator expresses satisfaction with Kochi pitch
Kochi: BCCI Curator P R Viswanadh on Saturday expressed satisfaction with the pitch prepared for the second India-England ODI scheduled to be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here on January 15.
Viswanadh said he was fully satisfied with the pitch.
"We are ready to hold the match even tomorrow. It is hard and has enough grass and is a batting pitch," he told reporters after the pitch inspection.
Meanwhile, Kerala Cricket Association Secretary T C Mathew said all preparations for the ODI are complete. About 2000 policemen would be deployed for ensuring security.
Except for a few gallery tickets, all other tickets have been sold out, he said.
Mathew assured that the only eatables checked by the health inspectors would be allowed inside the stadium.
Meterological department sources said rain would not play spoilsport as in 2010 when the India-Australia match had to be abandoned without even a ball being bowled.
The two teams are expected to be here by 5.45 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference