BCCI curator expresses satisfaction with Kochi pitch
Kochi: BCCI Curator P R Viswanadh on Saturday expressed satisfaction with the pitch prepared for the second India-England ODI scheduled to be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here on January 15.
Viswanadh said he was fully satisfied with the pitch.
"We are ready to hold the match even tomorrow. It is hard and has enough grass and is a batting pitch," he told reporters after the pitch inspection.
Meanwhile, Kerala Cricket Association Secretary T C Mathew said all preparations for the ODI are complete. About 2000 policemen would be deployed for ensuring security.
Except for a few gallery tickets, all other tickets have been sold out, he said.
Mathew assured that the only eatables checked by the health inspectors would be allowed inside the stadium.
Meterological department sources said rain would not play spoilsport as in 2010 when the India-Australia match had to be abandoned without even a ball being bowled.
The two teams are expected to be here by 5.45 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!