Bedi questions Sehwag`s axe from Indian ODI team
New Delhi: Former captain Bishan Singh Bedi today questioned the axing of Virender Sehwag from the Indian squad for the home ODI series against England, starting January 14.
"Is dropping only Sehwag the ansr to all ills of Ind crkt t`day? Admittedly V`ve exprts unlikly 2 Q bcci fr reasons not unknown-dedwud stays!!," Bedi tweeted.
The national selectors today dropped Sehwag, who was struggling for quite some time, from the 15-member Indian squad for the first three matches of the five-ODI series while including in-form Cheteshwar Pujara.
Just after India won the third and final ODI against Pakistan here, Bedi, however, had said that the team needed fresh legs.
"Well done India-nearl messd it-all`s well ends well-really?!Probs persist which can`t b brushd under carpet-Ind need frsh legs sholdrs ideas," he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family