Bishan Bedi blasts at Nagpur pitch, calls it "disgraceful"
New Delhi: Former India captain Bishan Singh Bedi today blasted the Nagpur pitch calling it "disgraceful" and also called the Indian team`s strategy as "myopic."
The legendary left-arm spinner, who has always been forthright in his opinions took to micro-blogging site twitter to criticise the 22-yard strip that saw England crawl to 199 for five after 97 overs.
"Another disgraceful pitch in Nagpur-Indns may`ve to pay fr myopic strtgy- Dhoni welcome dig own grave-why take Indn crkt along?BCCI silent?!," Bedi wrote on his twitter page.
Bedi feels that Indian team might have to pay for their shortsighted approach.
The veteran feels that it is fine that the current skipper has decided to "dig (his) own grave" but he shouldn`t take "Indian cricket along" while the BCCI remains "silent".
Bedi also praised Mohinder Amarnath for coming out in the open and speaking on the Dhoni`s captaincy controversy and Rahul Dravid for stating that the Indian players "lack technique and ability."
"Salute Jimmy Amarnath & Dravid fr their honest upright views on Indn crkt presently-truth must surface even in untruthful times.....!!!!!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh