Broad in doubt for T20 matches following yet another injury setback
London: Stuart Broad’s nightmarish tour to India got worse on Tuesday when his fitness for the upcoming Twenty20 matches was pushed into doubt after he suffered a recurrence of his heel injury bowling in the nets and went to hospital for a scan. Broad was ruled out of Friday’s final Test match against India in Nagpur although he was unlikely to play anyway. More ominously, Broad’s captaincy for the two T20 games that follow the Tests is under threat and Eoin Morgan is standing by to captain the team.
Broad first bruised his left heel during the warm-up games but was fit enough to play in the first two Tests, and he failed to take a wicket in either match before losing his place to Steven Finn for the Third Test in Kolkata. Broad has a long history of injuries and a bruised heel is considered a painful problem for fast bowlers. “Broad had a scan and the results are being analysed by our medical team in the UK,” the Sun quoted an England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) spokesperson, as saying. England is likely to be unchanged for the Fourth Test while India is expected to make at least two changes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...