Broad unlikely for T20s against India
Nagpur: England Twenty20 captain Stuart Broad is a doubtful starter for the two T20 Internationals against India after suffering a recurrence of the heel injury here on Tuesday.
The pacer was sent for a scan on his left heel.
Board first had a scan on his injury during England`s second tour match in Mumbai last month, but he went on to play in the first two Tests before being dropped.
He was not a part of the playing XI in the third Test at Kolkata.
While there is little chance of Broad being recalled for the fourth and final Test, commencing on Thursday here, he remains an integral part of England`s T20 side.
If Board fails to recover in time, England would also have to name a new captain for the slam-bang format.
Eoin Morgan is most likely to replace him.
The two T20 matches are scheduled to take place in Pune and Mumbai on December 20 and 22, respectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate