Broad unlikely for T20s against India
Nagpur: England Twenty20 captain Stuart Broad is a doubtful starter for the two T20 Internationals against India after suffering a recurrence of the heel injury here on Tuesday.
The pacer was sent for a scan on his left heel.
Board first had a scan on his injury during England`s second tour match in Mumbai last month, but he went on to play in the first two Tests before being dropped.
He was not a part of the playing XI in the third Test at Kolkata.
While there is little chance of Broad being recalled for the fourth and final Test, commencing on Thursday here, he remains an integral part of England`s T20 side.
If Board fails to recover in time, England would also have to name a new captain for the slam-bang format.
Eoin Morgan is most likely to replace him.
The two T20 matches are scheduled to take place in Pune and Mumbai on December 20 and 22, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy