Broad unlikely for T20s against India
Nagpur: England Twenty20 captain Stuart Broad is a doubtful starter for the two T20 Internationals against India after suffering a recurrence of the heel injury here on Tuesday.
The pacer was sent for a scan on his left heel.
Board first had a scan on his injury during England`s second tour match in Mumbai last month, but he went on to play in the first two Tests before being dropped.
He was not a part of the playing XI in the third Test at Kolkata.
While there is little chance of Broad being recalled for the fourth and final Test, commencing on Thursday here, he remains an integral part of England`s T20 side.
If Board fails to recover in time, England would also have to name a new captain for the slam-bang format.
Eoin Morgan is most likely to replace him.
The two T20 matches are scheduled to take place in Pune and Mumbai on December 20 and 22, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?