Cheteshwar Pujara warms up for England series with triple ton
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rajkot: Cheteshwar Pujara, who has been selected to play in the ODI series against England, scored a cracking triple hundred on Thursday against Karnataka in the quarter finals of the Ranji Trophy.
Pujara who earned his first ODI call up is expected to lend some solidity to the fragile Indian middle order.
Pujara’s 352 came at a strike rate of 82.44 and consisted of 49 hits to the fence and one six.
The young batsman from Saurashtra is also the highest run-getter in the Challenger Trophy. He will be looking to carry his form into the ODI series against England starting on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security