Cheteshwar Pujara warms up for England series with triple ton
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rajkot: Cheteshwar Pujara, who has been selected to play in the ODI series against England, scored a cracking triple hundred on Thursday against Karnataka in the quarter finals of the Ranji Trophy.
Pujara who earned his first ODI call up is expected to lend some solidity to the fragile Indian middle order.
Pujara’s 352 came at a strike rate of 82.44 and consisted of 49 hits to the fence and one six.
The young batsman from Saurashtra is also the highest run-getter in the Challenger Trophy. He will be looking to carry his form into the ODI series against England starting on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users