DDCA to honour Sehwag with 100 gold coins
New Delhi: Senior India opener Virender Sehwag will be presented 100 gold coins by the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) for reaching the landmark of playing 100 Tests for the country.
Sehwag had reached the landmark at the just-conluded second Test of the ongoing series against England in Mumbai.
DDCA vice president Chetan Chauhan had made a proposal in this regard and it was accepted by the Executive Board of the cricket body today.
The coins, each one of 10grams, will be presented to Sehwag on January 6, 2013 when India will host arch-rivals Pakistan for a One-day match at the Feroz Shah Kotla ground.
"He deserves this honour for his contribution to the Indian cricket," Chauhan said.
Chauhan has also proposed that either a gate or a stand of the Feroz Shah Kotla ground be named after Sehwag.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!