Elaborate security for first India-England ODI in Rajkot
Rajkot: Elaborate security arrangements have been made for the first ODI between India and England to be played at SCA stadium on January 11.
"As many as 1,300 policemen including four SPs and 25 DySPs have been deployed in and outside the SCA stadium where the first ODI between India and England will be played," Rajkot Rural Superintendent of Police Premveer Singh said.
"The security arrangements have been divided in four sectors. Each sector would be supervised by SP cadre official.
"Nearly 500 mediapersons are coming to cover the match and therefore separate security arrangements have been made for them," he added.
The hotel, where both the teams are staying, has also been turned into a fortress with deployment of around 125 policemen, the official said.
However, the SCA has not installed fencing on the boundary line so that viewers can watch the match uninterrupted but has put up as many as 40 CCTVs to keep a close eye on the crowd, said Niranjan Shah, the honorary secretary of the SCA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra