Elaborate security for first India-England ODI in Rajkot
Rajkot: Elaborate security arrangements have been made for the first ODI between India and England to be played at SCA stadium on January 11.
"As many as 1,300 policemen including four SPs and 25 DySPs have been deployed in and outside the SCA stadium where the first ODI between India and England will be played," Rajkot Rural Superintendent of Police Premveer Singh said.
"The security arrangements have been divided in four sectors. Each sector would be supervised by SP cadre official.
"Nearly 500 mediapersons are coming to cover the match and therefore separate security arrangements have been made for them," he added.
The hotel, where both the teams are staying, has also been turned into a fortress with deployment of around 125 policemen, the official said.
However, the SCA has not installed fencing on the boundary line so that viewers can watch the match uninterrupted but has put up as many as 40 CCTVs to keep a close eye on the crowd, said Niranjan Shah, the honorary secretary of the SCA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?