Elaborate security for first India-England ODI in Rajkot
Rajkot: Elaborate security arrangements have been made for the first ODI between India and England to be played at SCA stadium on January 11.
"As many as 1,300 policemen including four SPs and 25 DySPs have been deployed in and outside the SCA stadium where the first ODI between India and England will be played," Rajkot Rural Superintendent of Police Premveer Singh said.
"The security arrangements have been divided in four sectors. Each sector would be supervised by SP cadre official.
"Nearly 500 mediapersons are coming to cover the match and therefore separate security arrangements have been made for them," he added.
The hotel, where both the teams are staying, has also been turned into a fortress with deployment of around 125 policemen, the official said.
However, the SCA has not installed fencing on the boundary line so that viewers can watch the match uninterrupted but has put up as many as 40 CCTVs to keep a close eye on the crowd, said Niranjan Shah, the honorary secretary of the SCA.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed