Elaborate security for first India-England ODI in Rajkot
Rajkot: Elaborate security arrangements have been made for the first ODI between India and England to be played at SCA stadium on January 11.
"As many as 1,300 policemen including four SPs and 25 DySPs have been deployed in and outside the SCA stadium where the first ODI between India and England will be played," Rajkot Rural Superintendent of Police Premveer Singh said.
"The security arrangements have been divided in four sectors. Each sector would be supervised by SP cadre official.
"Nearly 500 mediapersons are coming to cover the match and therefore separate security arrangements have been made for them," he added.
The hotel, where both the teams are staying, has also been turned into a fortress with deployment of around 125 policemen, the official said.
However, the SCA has not installed fencing on the boundary line so that viewers can watch the match uninterrupted but has put up as many as 40 CCTVs to keep a close eye on the crowd, said Niranjan Shah, the honorary secretary of the SCA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video