England and Indian players arrive in Kochi for the second ODI
Kochi: The Indian and England cricket teams arrived today for the second one-dayer to be played at the Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium here on Tuesday.
The teams arrived by a chartered flight at the nearby Nedumbassery International Airport.
On arrival, the teams were accorded a rousing welcome by the Kerala Cricket Association officials.
To add colour to the function `chenda melam` (cylindrical percussion instruments) and kathakali, the traditional dance form of Kerala, were also performed at the airport where a strong crowd of about 3000 fans were present to cheer the players.
The England team will have practice session tomorrow morning while India will have nets in the afternoon.
All arrangements at the stadium are in the final stages of completion, a KCA official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?