Floodlights used in Test at Eden for first time
Kolkata: For the first time in 78 years of Test cricket played at the Eden Gardens here, the floodlights were switched on Wednesday on day one of the India-England match.
The floodlights were used for the last eight overs of the day`s play to offset problems caused by poor daylight.
India were then 251/6 in their first innings, with M.S. Dhoni and Ravichandran Ashwin in the middle.
The lights were switched on in the 83rd over, and play continued for 40 minutes thereafter.
Eden had hosted its first Test in 1934 between India and England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!