Floodlights used in Test at Eden for first time
Kolkata: For the first time in 78 years of Test cricket played at the Eden Gardens here, the floodlights were switched on Wednesday on day one of the India-England match.
The floodlights were used for the last eight overs of the day`s play to offset problems caused by poor daylight.
India were then 251/6 in their first innings, with M.S. Dhoni and Ravichandran Ashwin in the middle.
The lights were switched on in the 83rd over, and play continued for 40 minutes thereafter.
Eden had hosted its first Test in 1934 between India and England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania