Giles’ hardworking virtues to bring best out of Eng during ODI series with India
London: Dougie Brown, who was Ashley Giles’ assistant during their stint with English county team, Warwickshire, has said England’s new one-day coach would be able to bring the best out of the young team during their ODI series with India due to his hardworking virtues.
All-rounder Brown, who appeared in one-day internationals for England and his native Scotland, spent most of his career playing alongside Giles for Warwickshire and was his assistant coach when they won the County Championship last summer, the Daily Mirror reports.
Brown is adamant that Giles will link up well with England’s team director Andy Flower, the man he is tipped to succeed in the long term. Giles’ first challenge will be as hard as they come, with England having won just one of their last 18 completed one-day internationals in India.
Brown said one of the reasons why Ash is such a fine coach and manager of people is that he made the absolute most of his own abilities as a player.
Brown added that all international cricketers will face tough times, they’ll suffer criticism and Giles can empathise with that because he sufferedit himself, adding that the left-arm slow bowler is also good with people.
Brown said because Giles had to work damned hard to get the best out of himself, he demands that other people work just as hard, but they will all be used to that as England have a very professional set-up.
Brown added that like any good coach, Giles treats players as adults and empowers them to get the best out of themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday