Harbhajan eyes comeback to national squad
Jamshedpur: Out-of-favour India off-spinner and Punjab skipper Harbhajan Singh on Saturday said he is determined to perform in the upcoming Ranji Trophy quarterfinal clash against Jharkhand and stage a comeback to the national side for the one-day series against England.
"I`ll put my best in the quarter final match against Jharkhand and try to return to the Indian team," the 32-year-old cricketer said on the sidelines of his team`s practice session at Keenan stadium here.
Harbhajan, however, refused to comment on the recent performances of the Indian team in the ongoing ODI series against Pakistan.
Asked about the possibility of a come back to the Indian team for the forthcoming limited-over series against England, to be decided tomorrow, Singh said his responsibility would be to perform in the Ranji match against Jharkhand.
"I have come here to play cricket and my responsibility is to perform to my best," he said.
"I am looking forward to tomorrow`s match against Jharkhand, which is an important match for either of the team to move forward," he added.
"We have been performing well and reached this stage. We`ll have to keep the momentum and did not want to take the host team lightly," he said.
Asked about the home team, Singh said he knew some of the players such as in-form left-handed batsmen Saurabh Tiwary and Ishank Jaggi.
"Tiwary belonged to Mumbai Indian team in the IPL, while I played against Jaggi. They are good cricketers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read