Harbhajan, Rahane, Dinda released for Ranji duties
Kolkata: Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh, Ajinkya Rahane and Bengal speedster Ashok Dinda were on Wednesday released by the Indian team management for their upcoming Rani Trophy encounters, starting December 8.
While Harbhajan and Rahane have been released for the Group A Ranji encounter between Punjab and Mumbai, Dinda was releived off the national duty for Bengal`s match against Saurashtra in the same group.
The three cricketers, who were not inculded in the playing eleven for the ongoing third Test against England which began at the Eden Gardens here today, were released for their respective Ranji encounters to get proper match practice.
While Harbhajan has played with little success in India`s humiliating 10-wicket defeat in the second Test in Mumbai, Rahane and Dinda are yet to play a part in the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’