I am fit for selection, says Manoj Tiwary
New Delhi: India batsman Manoj Tiwary says he is fully fit for selection after recovering from the side strain that ruled him out for a month.
"I am feeling fit for selection and have successfully completed my rehabilitation," Tiwary said.
A prolific scorer for Bengal in domestic cricket, Tiwary said the trainers were satisfied with progress he has made so far.
"The physio and the trainer were very satisfied with my recovery and I was progressing better than expected in fact. I was able to train with very little pain.
"They should have sent the fitness report to the selectors yesterday. I am now back home in Kolkata, looking to play a few club games," he said.
The national selectors are expected to meet later this week to pick the squad for the final two ODIs against England and Tiwary is hopeful of making the cut.
His fitness report is expected to reach the selectors before the meeting.
Tiwary had been sidelined for at least six weeks after suffering the injury while batting during a Ranji Trophy game for Bengal against Saurashtra in Rajkot last December.
He had been initially named in the Twenty20 squad for the two matches against England before Christmas, but the injury meant that he had to miss that series and the limited-overs series against Pakistan as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP