I am fit for selection, says Manoj Tiwary
New Delhi: India batsman Manoj Tiwary says he is fully fit for selection after recovering from the side strain that ruled him out for a month.
"I am feeling fit for selection and have successfully completed my rehabilitation," Tiwary said.
A prolific scorer for Bengal in domestic cricket, Tiwary said the trainers were satisfied with progress he has made so far.
"The physio and the trainer were very satisfied with my recovery and I was progressing better than expected in fact. I was able to train with very little pain.
"They should have sent the fitness report to the selectors yesterday. I am now back home in Kolkata, looking to play a few club games," he said.
The national selectors are expected to meet later this week to pick the squad for the final two ODIs against England and Tiwary is hopeful of making the cut.
His fitness report is expected to reach the selectors before the meeting.
Tiwary had been sidelined for at least six weeks after suffering the injury while batting during a Ranji Trophy game for Bengal against Saurashtra in Rajkot last December.
He had been initially named in the Twenty20 squad for the two matches against England before Christmas, but the injury meant that he had to miss that series and the limited-overs series against Pakistan as well.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory