India, England teams reach Ranchi for third ODI
Ranchi: The India and England cricket teams on Wednesday reached Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s home town to be present on the inauguration of the newly constructed stadium here on January 18 where the third one-day international between the two teams would be played the very next day.
After helping his team level the 5-match series 1-1 with a brilliant 72 at Kochi yesterday, Dhoni drove to his home at Harmu straight from the airport.
Rest of the players of India and England checked in at Hotel Radison amidst thousands of fans lining up to greet the cricketers. The cricketers would visit the JSCA International Cricket Stadium tomorrow for practice, the JSCA sources said here.
The stadium will be inaugurated on Friday jointly by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi with Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed, Jharkhand`s caretaker Chief Minister Arjun Munda, ex-CMs Babulal Marandi and Shibu Soren and President of the BCCI N Srinivasan, according to a JSCA release.
This is the first time that Ranchi is hosting an international match.
Meanwhile, Munda this evening convened a meeting to take stock of the law and order situation ahead of the January 19 ODI.
Chief Secretary S K Choudhary, Home Secretary J B Tubid and DGP G S Rath were among the senior officials present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren