India need to attack Cook, Pietersen: Rameez Raja
Kolkata: Former Pakistan skipper Rameez Raja on Tuesday said India should look to attack inform England batsmen Alastair Cook and Kevin Pietersen if they wish to make a comeback in the four-match series which is now tied at 1-1.
Raja felt India were seemingly under desperation to avenge their 0-4 defeat.
"They seemed to be in a hurry in preparing a rank turner in Mumbai. They could have taken it easy after their fine win in Ahmedabad," the former cricketer-turned-commentator said ahead of the third Test, starting tomorrow in Kolkata.
"Only two English batsmen -- Alastair Cook and Kevin Pietersen -- are in form. Indian bowlers should attack them," Raja said addressing media on STAR Cricket`s Hindi presentation panel today.
Former India opener Navjot Singh Sidhu, who is also part of the panel, said India should bring in leg-spinner Amit Mishra to exploit English batsmen`s weakness.
"India`s fortess is shaken. We have to see who takes the cake. India are currently on a descend. We are not here for hospitality. It has to be patta or turning wicket. You should always capitalise on your strengths," he said.
Summing up India`s plight after England`s resounding 10-wicket win on a turning Wankhede wicket, Sidhu said, "It has never happened in the past 30 years. I don`t remember any team coming here and dominating our spinners.
The current India-England Test series is being telecast on STAR Cricket in Hindi with Sidhu, Raja, Kapil Dev, Sourav Ganguly and Arun Lal were being roped in as experts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata