India vs England Day 3: Statistical Highlights
Mumbai:Statistical highlights on the third day of the second cricket Test between India and England, here on Sunday.
# Pragyan Ojha has now taken five wickets or more in an innings for the fifth time in his Test career - twice each against England and the West Indies and once against New Zealand.
# Ojha has captured five wickets in an innings in three Tests in a row for the first time - 5/99 & 2/49 vs New Zealand at Bangalore; 5/45 & 4/120 vs England at Motera and 5 for 143 at Wankhede Stadium - all this year.
# Mahendra Singh Dhoni has become the second Indian wicketkeeper after Syed Kirmani (108 in 48) to complete a century of dismissals in India - his tally being 101 (83 catches + 18 stumpings) in 34 Tests.
# Sachin Tendulkar has not scored a half-century in his last 10 innings, His run tally is 153 runs at an average of 15.30.
# Tendulkar has not recorded a Test hundred in his last 28 innings - the most innings by him without a century.
# Tendulkar has been dismissed by Monty in each innings of a Test match for the first time.
# Tendulkar is averaging 22.83 in seven Tests this year - 274 runs in twelve innings, including a fifty.
# Monty Panesar`s performance of 5 for 61 is his best in a Test innings against India. It is his 12th five-wicket haul in an innings - his second against India.
# Monty, for the first time, has recorded five wickets in both innings of a Test match.
# Monty has taken 10 wickets in a Test match for the second time - his best figures are 10 for 187 (4/50 + 6/137) against the West Indies at Manchester in June 2007.
# Monty (10/190) has become the second spinner to take 10 wickets in a Test match for England against India. Hedley Verity had claimed 11 for 153 at Chennai in 1933-34.
# Kevin Pietersen and Alastair Cook shared a stand of 206 - England`s first stand of 200 or more for the third wicket against India in India. The partnership is the third highest for the third wicket for England against India.
# Pietersen is the third batsman to record 10 innings of 150 or more for England in Tests. He has joined Wally Hammond and Len Hutton.
# Pietersen`s 186 off 233 balls is the third highest by an England batsman against India in India - the two double centurions are 207 by Mike Gatting at Chennai in 1984-85 and 201 by Graeme Fowler in the same Chennai Test.
# Clive Lloyd - 242 not out in 1974-75 and Alvin Kallicharran - 187 in 1978-79 - have recoded more than Pietersen amongst the visiting batsmen at Wankhede Stadium.
# Pietersen`s marvellous strike rate of 79.82 is the highest by a batsman registering 175 or more against India on Indian soil.
# Gautam Gambhir has recorded his first fifty in 10 innings in Tests. His unbeaten 53 off 109 balls is his 20th Test fifty - his third against England.
# Cook became the first batsman to post centuries in each of his first four Tests as captain - two against Bangladesh followed by two against India.
# Cook has become the second player this year after Michael Clarke (1309) to amass 1,000 runs or more - 1026 at an average of 46.63 in 13 Tests. Cook has achieved the distinction for the third time.
# Wally Hammond, Colin Cowdrey, Geoff Boycott. Alastair Cook and Kevin Pietersen now an England record for most hundreds in Tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'