India vs England: Kolkata Test – Statistical highlights
Kolkata: Statistical highlights of the fifth day and final day`s play in the third cricket Test between India and England here on Sunday.
• R Ashwin`s unbeaten 91 is his second highest innings in Tests behind the 103 against West Indies in the 2011-12 Mumbai Test.
• India could not win any of the Tests when Ashwin has registered four fifty-plus innings.
• For the first time in a Test rubber, Ashwin has bagged 10 wickets or more (11 at 52.00) and amassed 200 runs or more (214 at 53.50).
• Just six Indian batsmen have registered more in an innings while playing at number eight position against England.
• Kevin Pietersen posted his ninth duck in Tests - his first against India.
• India`s last defeat (before today`s loss) at Eden Gardens was by 46 runs to Pakistan in 1998-99. In 38 Tests played at this venue, India have won 10, lost 9 and drawn 19.
• Ashwin and Pragyan Ojha put on 50 for the 10th wicket -- India`s second highest against England at Eden Gardens, behind the 51 between Nadkarni and Chandrasekhar in January 1964.
• Alastair Cook has been stumped in a Test innings for the second time - the first occasion being after making a hundred (106) by Prasanna Jayawardene off Rangana Herath at Lord`s last year.
• Cook has set another record -- his tally of 12 hundreds in a winning cause is a record for England in Test Cricket.
• Cook`s match-winning innings (190) got him his second Man of the Match award against India - his fifth in Test Cricket.
• After losing consecutive Tests to South Africa by four wickets at Mumbai and by an innings and 71 runs at Bangalore in 1999-2000, India have lost successive Tests for the first time in India - by 10 wickets at Wankhede Stadium and by seven wickets at Eden Gardens.
• England`s victory by seven wickets is their second in 10 Tests against India at Eden Gardens. The last occasion when England won two Tests in a row in India was during the 1976-77 Test series. In fact, they had lost three Tests in a row - by an innings and 25 runs at Delhi; by 10 wickets at Kolkata and by 200 runs at Chennai.
• India have lost six out of the last seven Tests played against England. Since their series win by 2-1 in the 1984-85 Test series, England have won two Tests in a rubber for the first time in India.
• Pragyan Ojha, with 19 wickets at an average of 25.05, is the leading wicket-taker for India in the first three Tests of the series. Graeme Swann is the top wicket-taker for England with 17 wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'