Indian team for Kolkata, Nagpur Tests to be picked on Tuesday
Mumbai: The Indian squad for the third and fourth cricket Tests against England to be played in Kolkata and Nagpur will be picked here on Tuesday, the BCCI said on Monday.
"The selection committee meeting is to be held tomorrow (in Mumbai) to choose the teams for the next two Tests," informed Cricket Board`s secretary and meeting convener, Sanjay Jagdale.
If captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who will be part of the selection panel discussions without a vote along with coach Duncan Fletcher, has his way, not many changes are expected in the composition of the squad for the next two games.
"Not much. We have replacements but you don`t chop and change or rotate the players just on the basis of one or two Test matches. You have to give them a fair run. That’s what it`s all about," Dhoni said after India suffered a humiliating 10-wicket loss in the second Test here.
"Otherwise we will keep changing players in every game. So it`s good to give the players a fair amount of games so that they are also comfortable and are not thinking about the selection," said Dhoni.
Indian spin trio of Pragyan Ojha, Ravichandran Ashwin and Harbhajan Singh allowed rival captain Alastair Cook and Kevin Pietersen to rattle up a double century stand to help England cross 400 on a helpful track in the second Test.
This may provide some thinking on the part of selectors to have a look at the option of a leg-spinner being drafted into the squad to provide the spin department more variety and the front runners if this view gets support are Amit Mishra and Piyush Chawla.
The star-studded Indian batting also failed to click, barring Cheteshwar Pujara`s classy 135 in the first innings total of 327 and Gautam Gambhir`s return to some form in the disastrous second innings with an innings of 65 out of 142.
But, with Dhoni exuding confidence that his batsmen will come to the party for the remaining games, there may not be many changes in this department too.
The third Test begins from December 5 while the fourth Test will be played between December 13 and 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo