Injured Yadav ruled out of third Test too
Mumbai: Pacer Umesh Yadav, who was ruled out of the second Test against England in Mumbai due to a lower back injury, will miss the third match too, to be held in Kolkata from December 5.
After a decent outing in the series-opener in Ahmedabad, Yadav missed the action in Mumbai, and will not be able to fully recover ahead of the third match of the rubber.
"The injury is more serious than it was thought to be, so the team will have to make do without him for at least another Test," an insider was quoted as saying by `ESPNcricinfo`.
After the Indian bowlers` disappointing show in Mumbai, where they lost by 10 wickets, Yadav`s injury could only add to the national selectors` problems. They are to pick the squad, on Tuesday, for the remaining two Tests and the two Twenty20 Internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days