Injured Yadav ruled out of third Test too
Mumbai: Pacer Umesh Yadav, who was ruled out of the second Test against England in Mumbai due to a lower back injury, will miss the third match too, to be held in Kolkata from December 5.
After a decent outing in the series-opener in Ahmedabad, Yadav missed the action in Mumbai, and will not be able to fully recover ahead of the third match of the rubber.
"The injury is more serious than it was thought to be, so the team will have to make do without him for at least another Test," an insider was quoted as saying by `ESPNcricinfo`.
After the Indian bowlers` disappointing show in Mumbai, where they lost by 10 wickets, Yadav`s injury could only add to the national selectors` problems. They are to pick the squad, on Tuesday, for the remaining two Tests and the two Twenty20 Internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda