Injured Yadav ruled out of third Test too
Mumbai: Pacer Umesh Yadav, who was ruled out of the second Test against England in Mumbai due to a lower back injury, will miss the third match too, to be held in Kolkata from December 5.
After a decent outing in the series-opener in Ahmedabad, Yadav missed the action in Mumbai, and will not be able to fully recover ahead of the third match of the rubber.
"The injury is more serious than it was thought to be, so the team will have to make do without him for at least another Test," an insider was quoted as saying by `ESPNcricinfo`.
After the Indian bowlers` disappointing show in Mumbai, where they lost by 10 wickets, Yadav`s injury could only add to the national selectors` problems. They are to pick the squad, on Tuesday, for the remaining two Tests and the two Twenty20 Internationals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India