Ishant down with viral fever; misses practice session
Mumbai: Paceman Ishant Sharma on Tuesday skipped the practice session due to viral fever but the team management expects him to be fit for the opening cricket Test against England, starting Thursday.
As a precautionary measure Bengal paceman Ashok Dinda, who is with his state Ranji side, has been asked to join the team as a standby.
The Indian team, except Sharma, sweated it out at the Motera Stadium this morning.
BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale said they are hopeful that the lanky paceman will recover before the start of the series-opener here.
"Ishant Sharma has got viral fever. He is expected to be fit for the first Test between India and England. However, Ashok Dinda has been told to fly to Ahmedabad as a standby," Jagdale said in a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP