Ishant down with viral fever; misses practice session
Mumbai: Paceman Ishant Sharma on Tuesday skipped the practice session due to viral fever but the team management expects him to be fit for the opening cricket Test against England, starting Thursday.
As a precautionary measure Bengal paceman Ashok Dinda, who is with his state Ranji side, has been asked to join the team as a standby.
The Indian team, except Sharma, sweated it out at the Motera Stadium this morning.
BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale said they are hopeful that the lanky paceman will recover before the start of the series-opener here.
"Ishant Sharma has got viral fever. He is expected to be fit for the first Test between India and England. However, Ashok Dinda has been told to fly to Ahmedabad as a standby," Jagdale said in a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone