Manoj Tiwary out for six weeks; ruled out of T20 In`tls
New Delhi: A serious back injury will keep Manoj Tiwary out of competitive cricket for atleast a month and half and the talented Bengal captain will not be a part of the Indian squad for the upcoming twin T20 Internationals against England.
Tiwary has suffered a muscle tear and is leaving for a comprehensive rehabilitation programme at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore under physio Nitin Patel.
"The MRI report has come and I am leaving for Bangalore tomorrow. I will follow what physio Nitin Patel tells me to do once he checks the report. As of now it looks like six weeks," Tiwary told PTI from Rajkot.
If Tiwary is out for six weeks, it could well mean that he won`t be considered for selection for the Pakistan series as well as the five-match ODis against England.
The Bengal skipper was found writhing in pain while batting in the first innings of his team`s Ranji Trophy match against Saurashtra in Rajkot yesterday. He retired hurt after fighting his way to 55 after which he was unable to continue and is not going to bat in the second innings.
It`s unfortunate for Tiwary who recently scored 191 against Gujarat and also scored 93 for Board President`s XI against the England side in the first tour game.
The 27-year-old also had a wrist injury earlier this season and he missed out Bengal`s Ranji Trophy game against Madhya Pradesh in Indore.
The BCCI hasn`t yet named any replacement for Tiwary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step