Manoj Tiwary out for six weeks; ruled out of T20 In`tls
New Delhi: A serious back injury will keep Manoj Tiwary out of competitive cricket for atleast a month and half and the talented Bengal captain will not be a part of the Indian squad for the upcoming twin T20 Internationals against England.
Tiwary has suffered a muscle tear and is leaving for a comprehensive rehabilitation programme at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore under physio Nitin Patel.
"The MRI report has come and I am leaving for Bangalore tomorrow. I will follow what physio Nitin Patel tells me to do once he checks the report. As of now it looks like six weeks," Tiwary told PTI from Rajkot.
If Tiwary is out for six weeks, it could well mean that he won`t be considered for selection for the Pakistan series as well as the five-match ODis against England.
The Bengal skipper was found writhing in pain while batting in the first innings of his team`s Ranji Trophy match against Saurashtra in Rajkot yesterday. He retired hurt after fighting his way to 55 after which he was unable to continue and is not going to bat in the second innings.
It`s unfortunate for Tiwary who recently scored 191 against Gujarat and also scored 93 for Board President`s XI against the England side in the first tour game.
The 27-year-old also had a wrist injury earlier this season and he missed out Bengal`s Ranji Trophy game against Madhya Pradesh in Indore.
The BCCI hasn`t yet named any replacement for Tiwary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender