Ojha clings on to 5th spot, no Indian batsman in top-10
Dubai: By virtue of his impressive outing in the first two Tests against England, leg-spinner Pragyan Ojha has managed to hold on to his fifth position in the bowler`s chart even as no Indian featured in the top-10 batsmen list in the recently released ICC players rankings for Test matches.
Ojha, who has taken 14 wickets from four innings, is placed fifth with 767 rating points in his kitty.
Apart from Ojha, no other Indian found a place in the top-10 bowlers chart, which is being headed by South Africa`s Dale Steyn, followed by Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal.
England off-spinner Graeme Swann bounced back into the top 10 list after grabbing eight wickets in the second Test against India in Mumbai, which the visitors won by 10 wickets.
The crafty spinner jumped six places to not only claim the sixth spot but also became the highest-ranked England bowler ahead of James Anderson (10th).
Swann`s new-ball partner Monty Panesar was in a class of his own while registering match figures of 69-15-210-11 in Mumbai. For this performance, Panesar has been rewarded with a jump of nine places, which has put him in the 29th position.
Among Indian batsmen, Sachin Tendulkar is placed at a distant 18th, while Cheteshwar Pujara moved up three places to be 21st.
Australia captain Michael Clarke regained the number-one ranking for Test batsmen after producing a spectacular performance in the second match against South Africa, which ended in a thrilling draw in Adelaide today.
The 31-year-old right-hander scored a masterly 230 in the first innings, his fourth double-century of the year, which earned him 33 ratings points and helped him leapfrog Kumar Sangkkara of Sri Lanka and South African duo of Hashim Amla and Jacques Kallis into the number-one position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?