Pietersen main reason behind England’s struggle, says Ganguly
London: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly has said that England batsman Kevin Pietersen’s failure to pace his innings in the middle overs is one of the major reasons behind tourists’ struggle against the hosts in the ongoing one-day series.
England will go into the fourth one-day in Mohali on Wednesday 2-1 down in the five-match series having lost the last two matches through poor batting.
Ganguly said England would have to radically improve to win this series, adding Alastair Cook’s one-day cricket has got better in the past year but Pietersen baffles him since he struggles to pace his innings during a game and that’s why he is under-performing.
Ganguly added either Cook or Pietersen would have to bat right through the innings if England is to post big totals, adding if the visitors don’t get past 275 consistently, they will not even get close to beating India.
England have been bowled out for 158 and 155 in the past two matches, Pietersen getting out for 42 and 17 when well set, although he did suffer a poor umpiring decision in the last match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'