Pietersen main reason behind England’s struggle, says Ganguly
London: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly has said that England batsman Kevin Pietersen’s failure to pace his innings in the middle overs is one of the major reasons behind tourists’ struggle against the hosts in the ongoing one-day series.
England will go into the fourth one-day in Mohali on Wednesday 2-1 down in the five-match series having lost the last two matches through poor batting.
Ganguly said England would have to radically improve to win this series, adding Alastair Cook’s one-day cricket has got better in the past year but Pietersen baffles him since he struggles to pace his innings during a game and that’s why he is under-performing.
Ganguly added either Cook or Pietersen would have to bat right through the innings if England is to post big totals, adding if the visitors don’t get past 275 consistently, they will not even get close to beating India.
England have been bowled out for 158 and 155 in the past two matches, Pietersen getting out for 42 and 17 when well set, although he did suffer a poor umpiring decision in the last match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister