Pragyan Ojha, Cheteshwar Pujara on the rise in ICC Test rankings
Dubai: Indian left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha, who starred with a nine-wicket haul in the first Test against England, rose nine places to break into the top-five of the latest ICC rankings issued here on Monday.
The 26-year-old recorded match figures of 77.2-24-165-9 in the game India won by nine wickets in Ahmedabad to take a 1-0 lead in the four-match series.
The other Indian in the top-20 are pace spearhead Zaheer Khan (up one place to 14th and off-spinner R Ashwin (steady at 18th).
Not a single Indian features in the top-20 of ICC`s batting chart but Cheteshwar Pujara, who struck a doubled hundred in the Ahmedabad Test, has rocketed 35 places to the 24th position.
England captain Alastair Cook, who scored a gutsy 176 in his side`s second innings, has returned to the top 10 by rising four places to seventh.
Matt Prior, on the other hand, has become the fifth England batsman inside the top 20 after achieving a career-best ranking of 18th.
Indian opener Virender Sehwag is now in 22nd position after gaining one place following his 23rd Test century.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back