Pragyan Ojha, Cheteshwar Pujara on the rise in ICC Test rankings
Dubai: Indian left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha, who starred with a nine-wicket haul in the first Test against England, rose nine places to break into the top-five of the latest ICC rankings issued here on Monday.
The 26-year-old recorded match figures of 77.2-24-165-9 in the game India won by nine wickets in Ahmedabad to take a 1-0 lead in the four-match series.
The other Indian in the top-20 are pace spearhead Zaheer Khan (up one place to 14th and off-spinner R Ashwin (steady at 18th).
Not a single Indian features in the top-20 of ICC`s batting chart but Cheteshwar Pujara, who struck a doubled hundred in the Ahmedabad Test, has rocketed 35 places to the 24th position.
England captain Alastair Cook, who scored a gutsy 176 in his side`s second innings, has returned to the top 10 by rising four places to seventh.
Matt Prior, on the other hand, has become the fifth England batsman inside the top 20 after achieving a career-best ranking of 18th.
Indian opener Virender Sehwag is now in 22nd position after gaining one place following his 23rd Test century.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley