Prior says ‘improved’ England’s series win in India ‘great springboard’ ahead of Ashes
Sydney: England wicketkeeper Matt Prior has said the team is better placed to win the Ashes series next year than they were last time around when they won it 3-1, and added their Test series win in India has given them a great springboard ahead of their crucial Test series against Australia.
Prior, who is in Australia for a brief Big Bash League stint with the Sydney Thunder, believes the presence of many experienced players who have already won the Ashes twice would make their current team much stronger to get success against their traditional rivals.
The wicketkeeper also said winning a Test series in India is the proudest moment of his career and he would cherish it throughout his life, even more than the Ashes win.
News.com.au reports. As Australia continues to tinker with its line-up, England has adopted a more consistent selection policy and of the 11 who featured in the final Ashes Test in Sydney, eight played in England`s last-start win over India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor