Pujara, Rohit will not be released for Ranji final: BCCI
New Delhi: Saurashtra`s Cheteshwar Pujara and Mumbai`s Rohit Sharma will not be released by the Indian team management for the Ranji Trophy final between the two teams, starting January 26, at the Wankhede Stadium.
Amidst reports that the two key batsmen from either side will be released, a senior BCCI office-bearer categorically denied any such development.
"Neither among the trio of Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja and Rohit Sharma will be released for the Ranji Trophy final. They will be with the Indian team for the fourth and fifth One-dayers at Mohali and Dharamsala, respectively," a senior BCCI official clarified.
"We have never released players for domestic matches during a one-day series. It is only during Test series that we follow the rule of releasing at least three reserve players so that they can get serious match time," the official stated.
Even Mumbai captain Ajit Agarkar clarified that there is no chance of Sharma being released to play the final.
"He is with the Indian squad in the middle of an ODI series. Why should he be released when he has just been named in the squad for the last two matches," Agarkar said.
India and England will be playing the fourth ODI at Mohali on January 23 followed by final match of the series at Dharamsala on January 27.
India are leading the series 2-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack