S. Sreesanth not to watch Kochi ODI
Kochi: Pace bowler S. Sreesanth has decided to keep away from the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here when India take on England in the second One-Day International (ODI).
A friend of Sreesanth told IANS that he went to the stadium and hotel Saturday only to meet the players.
"He told me he won`t watch the match and remain at home," the friend said.
Sreesanth, who hails from Kochi, last played an ODI when India beat Sri Lanka to win the World Cup in 2011. Since then he has been plagued by injuries.
He was selected for the team that played the warm-up 50-over match this month against the visiting English side and was hopeful of being selected for the first three ODIs but failed to make the cut.
Sreesanth was also left out of the Indian team in 2010 when Australia came here.
Sreesanth made his debut in ODIs in 2005 and has played two ODIs here, the first in 2006 against England and against Australia the next year.
The organisers expect a sell-out crowd, The Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here has staged seven ODIs in 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16