S. Sreesanth not to watch Kochi ODI
Kochi: Pace bowler S. Sreesanth has decided to keep away from the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here when India take on England in the second One-Day International (ODI).
A friend of Sreesanth told IANS that he went to the stadium and hotel Saturday only to meet the players.
"He told me he won`t watch the match and remain at home," the friend said.
Sreesanth, who hails from Kochi, last played an ODI when India beat Sri Lanka to win the World Cup in 2011. Since then he has been plagued by injuries.
He was selected for the team that played the warm-up 50-over match this month against the visiting English side and was hopeful of being selected for the first three ODIs but failed to make the cut.
Sreesanth was also left out of the Indian team in 2010 when Australia came here.
Sreesanth made his debut in ODIs in 2005 and has played two ODIs here, the first in 2006 against England and against Australia the next year.
The organisers expect a sell-out crowd, The Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here has staged seven ODIs in 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!