S. Sreesanth not to watch Kochi ODI
Kochi: Pace bowler S. Sreesanth has decided to keep away from the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here when India take on England in the second One-Day International (ODI).
A friend of Sreesanth told IANS that he went to the stadium and hotel Saturday only to meet the players.
"He told me he won`t watch the match and remain at home," the friend said.
Sreesanth, who hails from Kochi, last played an ODI when India beat Sri Lanka to win the World Cup in 2011. Since then he has been plagued by injuries.
He was selected for the team that played the warm-up 50-over match this month against the visiting English side and was hopeful of being selected for the first three ODIs but failed to make the cut.
Sreesanth was also left out of the Indian team in 2010 when Australia came here.
Sreesanth made his debut in ODIs in 2005 and has played two ODIs here, the first in 2006 against England and against Australia the next year.
The organisers expect a sell-out crowd, The Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here has staged seven ODIs in 14 years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India