Sachin, Cyrus in JSCA invitee list for Ranchi ODI
Ranchi: Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar, who has recently announced his retirement from the 50-over game, would be invited to watch the one-day international between England and India scheduled on January 19 here.
"Sachin Tendulkar is among the list of invitees prepared by the Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) and the invitation is being sent to him," a spokesman of the Jharkhand State Cricket Association told PTI here on Friday.
All the former India captains would also be invited to witness the match to be played at the newly-constructed JSCA Stadium Complex, he added.
Among other invitees are Tata Sons Chairman-designate Cyrus Mistry, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and union ministers Jyotiraditya Scindia and Rajiv Shukla.
Modi, Scindia and Shukla are being invited as office bearers of their respective cricket associations and BCCI, the spokesman said, adding that all the presidents of respective state cricket associations would be invited to watch the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note