Samit Patel says England has finally broken Indian hoodoo
London: England all rounder Samit Patel has said the team has worked hard to improve and end their one-day losing streak against India on their home turf.
Patel is the only member of Alastair Cook’s squad who played in all 10 defeats on the doomed 2008 and 2011 tours, and he claimed losing ten ODIs straight in India was quite demoralizing for the players, but they have responded brilliantly so far in the ongoing tour.
Patel, whose 20-ball 44 not out powered England to victory in Friday’s opener in Rajkot, sees no reason why they can’t make it 2-0 in Tuesday’s clash in Kochi, the Sun reports.
The Nottinghamshire ace said people don’t realize how much hardwork the current England team has put in to turn their fortunes in India, adding it was greatly satisfying to win against such a quality team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'