Samit Patel says England has finally broken Indian hoodoo
London: England all rounder Samit Patel has said the team has worked hard to improve and end their one-day losing streak against India on their home turf.
Patel is the only member of Alastair Cook’s squad who played in all 10 defeats on the doomed 2008 and 2011 tours, and he claimed losing ten ODIs straight in India was quite demoralizing for the players, but they have responded brilliantly so far in the ongoing tour.
Patel, whose 20-ball 44 not out powered England to victory in Friday’s opener in Rajkot, sees no reason why they can’t make it 2-0 in Tuesday’s clash in Kochi, the Sun reports.
The Nottinghamshire ace said people don’t realize how much hardwork the current England team has put in to turn their fortunes in India, adding it was greatly satisfying to win against such a quality team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital