Stuart Broad out of T20’s against India
Nagpur: England's Twenty20 skipper Stuart Broad has been ruled out of the upcoming two T20 matches against India with a bruised left heel.
Broad will return to the UK immediately to begin a period of rest and rehabilitation.
James Harris, who is currently in Pune with the England Performance Programme, will replace Broad in the squad.
The 22-year old is uncapped at international level.
Eoin Morgan will captain the side in Broad's absence with the first match taking place in Pune on December 20.
The second game will be held in Mumbai on December 22.
Pacer Steven Finn will also return to the UK after a strained disc in his lower back ruled him out of the final Test here earlier today.
Finn is expected to be available for the ODI series against India beginning in January.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed