Stuart Broad out of T20’s against India
Nagpur: England's Twenty20 skipper Stuart Broad has been ruled out of the upcoming two T20 matches against India with a bruised left heel.
Broad will return to the UK immediately to begin a period of rest and rehabilitation.
James Harris, who is currently in Pune with the England Performance Programme, will replace Broad in the squad.
The 22-year old is uncapped at international level.
Eoin Morgan will captain the side in Broad's absence with the first match taking place in Pune on December 20.
The second game will be held in Mumbai on December 22.
Pacer Steven Finn will also return to the UK after a strained disc in his lower back ruled him out of the final Test here earlier today.
Finn is expected to be available for the ODI series against India beginning in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred