Tight security arrangement for second ODI
Kochi: Foolproof security arrangements have been made around the recently refurbished Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium here, which will host the second ODI between India and England, a top police official said.
Inspector General of Police (IG) K Padmakumar on Sunday visited the stadium along with other top police officials and Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) secretary T C Mathew and saw the preparations, which were in the final stages.
The security would be taken care by police force both inside and outside the stadium during the match, Padmakumar said.
Sniffer dogs, anti-sabotage checking and bomb squad would conduct freqent checking inside the stadium, he said, adding, as part of integrated security system, about 50 cameras would be installed at the stadium.
As many as 2000 policemen, including four superintendent of police, 24 deputy superintendent of police, 50 circle inspectors and about 300 sub-inspectors would supervise the security arrangements during the match, he said.
Traffic management was going to be a challenge since there will be an increase of 25 to 30 per cent vehicles in view of the Sabarimala Makaravilakku festival. The Ayyappa devotees would be returning to their home after the makara vilaku on Monday, he said.
Spectators could carry drinking water inside the stadium, he said, adding that they should avoid carrying large carry bags to the venue.
Inflammable items will not be allowed inside and spectators should also avoid umbrellas, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'