We have to play well in ODIs to avenge our Test losses: Yuvraj
New Delhi: India cricketer Yuvraj Singh on Monday said that the upcoming ODI series against England will provide the hosts with an opportunity to avenge the reverses they suffered in Tests late last year.
"England defeated us in the Test series recently. They are a good unit. We have to play well to defeat them in the upcoming ODI series and avenge our loss," said the all-rounder at the launch of an event here on Monday.
Yuvraj is satisfied with his form and hoped to be able to play bigger innings in the five-match series.
"I am hitting the ball well and playing well in patches at the moment. I have been in good form in the T20s, hope to carry it forward and play longer innings in the series," he said.
England batsman Kevin Pietersen felt Yuvraj is the dangerman in the Indian line-up and needs to be dismissed early.
"He is the most destructive batsman in the Indian line-up. We get to get him early else he can take away the match from us," said Pietersen.
Commenting on his tumultuous relation with the Indian ace whom he once referred to as `pie chucker` in the past, Pietersen said, "We are rivals on the field, but away from it we are all good friends. But on the field he will be looking to dismiss me, and I will also try to do the same."
India will take on England in the 1st ODI of the series on January 11 at Rajkot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister