Kochi: Will luck smile on India when they take on England in the second one-day international at the Jawaharlal Nehru International stadium here which has been a happy hunting ground for the hosts with four of the six ODIs played going in their favour.
India has lost two matches and a tie between India and Australia on October 17, 2010 was abandoned without a ball being bowled due to heavy rain.
The highest total that was notched up was 309/5 by India in the opening match against Australia on April 1, 1998.
The match also witnessed Sachin Tendulkar doing wonders with the ball claiming 5 for 32 in his 10 overs, which incidentally is the best bowling effort by him.
Seven years later Tendulkar again stole the limelight with his leg spin against Pakistan claiming 5 for 50 and both five wickets haul in his ODI career came on this ground.
The second match was also a high scoring tie between India and South Africa on March 9, 2000, in which the latter scored 301 for 3 and India overhauled the total with 302/7.
The present fixture is a day/night match.
ODIs at Kochi
• India Vs Australia (April1, 1998 India won by 41 runs) India: 309/5 (A Jadeja 105 N.O, M S Kasprowicz 3/50) Australia: 268 (all out) (Gilchrist 61,Tendulkar 5/32).
• India Vs South Africa (Mar 9, 2000-India won by 3 wickets): India 302/7 (A Jadeja 92, W J Cronje 2/48) vs South Africa 301/3 (G Kirsten 115, R Dravid 2/43).
• India Vs Zimbabwe (March 13, 2002-Zimbabwe won by 6 wickets): India 191 (M Kaif 56, Douglas Honda 4/37) Zimbabwe 197/4 (A D R Campbell 71, Ajit Agarkar 2/28).
• India Vs Pakistan (April 2, 2005-India won by 87 runs): India 281/8 (Sehwag 108, Arshad Khan 4/33) Pakistan 194 (M Hafeez 42, Tendulkar 5/50).
• India vs England (April 6, 2006-India won by 4 wickets): India 238/6 (Dravid 65 N>O, Ian Blackbell 2/41) England 237 (G Jones 49, Yuvraj Singh 2/34).
• India Vs Australia (Oct 2, 2007-Australia won by 84 runs): India 222 (M Dhoni 58, G Hogg 3/40) Australia 306/6 (Bradley Haddin 87 N>O, Sreesanth 3/67).
• India vs Australia (Oct 17, 2010): Match abandoned without a ball being bowled due to rain.