1st ODI, India vs Pakistan: Statistical highlights
Chennai: Statistical highlights of the first one-day international between India and Pakistan here on Sunday.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni (113 not out off 125 balls) has registered his eighth century in Limited-Overs Internationals - his second against Pakistan. His strike rate of 90.40 is his lowest while posting a century.
• Dhoni has registered five hundreds as captain in ODIs. He has become the first captain/wicketkeeper to post a hundred against Pakistan in Limited-Overs Internationals.
• Dhoni has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the fourth time against Pakistan - his 17th in ODIs.
• In the course of his superb knock, Dhoni has become the seventh Indian player to complete his 7,000 runs in ODIs, totalling 7021 at an average of 52.00 in 212 matches.
• Apart from Dhoni, two other wicketkeepers have managed 7000 runs or more in ODIs - Kumar Sangakkara (10,022) and Adam Gilchrist (9,410).
• Misbah-ul-Haq (3011) became the third player to amass 3000 runs without posting a hundred in ODIs, joining Wasim Akram (3717) and Moin Khan (3266). Misbah has become the 14th batsman to make 3,000 runs or more for Pakistan in ODIs.
• Bhuvneshwar Kumar has become the second Indian bowler after Sadagoppan Ramesh to bag a wicket off the first ball in ODIs.
• Nasir Jamshed (101 not out off 132 balls) has posted his second highest score in ODIs, next only to the 112 against India at Mirpur on March 18, 2012. Nasir`s both hundreds are against India in ODIs.
• Nasir`s batting record against India is quite impressive in ODIs, averaging 266.00 while totalling 266, including two centuries and a fifty, in three games.
• Junaid Khan (4/43) has registered his second best bowling figures in ODIs, next only to the 4 for 12 against Ireland at Belfast on May 28, 2011. He has taken four wickets in an innings twice in ODIs.
• Junaid is averaging 23.37 in a winning cause in ODIs - 16 wickets in 10 matches.
• Junaid`s figures of 4 for 43 are the second best by a Pakistani bowler at Chepauk in Limited-Overs Internationals. Aaqib Javed had claimed 5 for 61 against India on May 21, 1997.
• Younis Khan has recorded his seventh half-century (58 off 60 balls) against India - his 48th in ODIs.
• In Pakistan wins, Younis has registered 35 fifties apart from six hundreds.
• Ravichandran Ashwin (31 not out) has equalled his highest score in ODIs in India.
• Ashwin and Dhoni have shared an unbroken partnership of 125 - India`s highest for the seventh wicket in ODIs, bettering the 102 between Ajit Agarkar and Hemang Badani against Australia at Melbourne on February 6, 2004. The said stand is the highest for the seventh wicket against Pakistan in ODIs.
• The said partnership is the third highest for the seventh wicket in ODIs
• Pakistan`s six-wicket victory is their 70th in 122 ODIs against India (lost 48 and NR 4) - success % 59.32. Pakistan have won both their games against India at Chepauk, Chennai.
• The first four Indian players have been clean bowled for the first time in an innings in ODIs. The said instance is the the seventh instance in ODIs.
• Dhoni has become the first batsman to amass 300 runs at Chepauk - 307 runs at an average of 153.50 in four ODIs.
• Suresh Raina and Mahendra Singh Dhoni have shared 73 - India`s highest sixth-wicket partnership against Pakistan in ODIs in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery