2nd ODI: India and Pakistan cricket teams to reach Eden tomorrow
Kolkata: India and arch-rivals Pakistan will usher in 2013 together with private parties at team hotel tomorrow, CAB sources said.
Both the teams will land here tomorrow afternoon ahead of their second ODI at Eden Gardens on January 3.
"They will remain confined to hotel tomorrow as there are some private parties organised to usher in the New Year. The CAB is not organising any party," CAB joint-secretary Subir Ganguly said.
Besides there will be a host of former cricketers from both the countries and among them will be retired India batsman VVS Laxman who will be felicitated by the CAB for his exploits at the Eden Gardens.
However there is a cloud of uncertainty over the President Pranab Mukherjee`s visit during the match.
"We are yet to get a confirmation. But we have made all the arrangements. Three VVIP boxes have been reserved for him on the second floor of the B C Roy Club House and nobody will be permitted on the floor when the President would be there," he added.
The CAB also has plans to request the President for a public appearance at the stadium if his visit coincides with the innings break.
Meanwhile, the 3,000 odd tickets that were available online were sold out for the high profile match.
"If any tickets are not taken by the affiliated clubs and members, then it would be sold," Ganguly added.
Down 0-1 in the three-ODI series, India must win at the Eden to keep their hopes alive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!