2nd ODI: India and Pakistan cricket teams to reach Eden tomorrow
Kolkata: India and arch-rivals Pakistan will usher in 2013 together with private parties at team hotel tomorrow, CAB sources said.
Both the teams will land here tomorrow afternoon ahead of their second ODI at Eden Gardens on January 3.
"They will remain confined to hotel tomorrow as there are some private parties organised to usher in the New Year. The CAB is not organising any party," CAB joint-secretary Subir Ganguly said.
Besides there will be a host of former cricketers from both the countries and among them will be retired India batsman VVS Laxman who will be felicitated by the CAB for his exploits at the Eden Gardens.
However there is a cloud of uncertainty over the President Pranab Mukherjee`s visit during the match.
"We are yet to get a confirmation. But we have made all the arrangements. Three VVIP boxes have been reserved for him on the second floor of the B C Roy Club House and nobody will be permitted on the floor when the President would be there," he added.
The CAB also has plans to request the President for a public appearance at the stadium if his visit coincides with the innings break.
Meanwhile, the 3,000 odd tickets that were available online were sold out for the high profile match.
"If any tickets are not taken by the affiliated clubs and members, then it would be sold," Ganguly added.
Down 0-1 in the three-ODI series, India must win at the Eden to keep their hopes alive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof