Former, current India-Pakistan captains to be felicitated at Eden
Kolkata: Former and current Indian and Pakistan captains would be feted by the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) during the Jan 3 One Day International match between the two teams at the Eden gardens to celebrate the silver jubilee of the ground staging its first ever ODI.
The same two sides had clashed when the hallowed venue staged its maiden ODI Feb 18, 1987. Pakistan had won the thriller by two wickets, thanks to a 36-ball 72 by Salim Malik.
Though the local staging associatIon CAB had invited number of legendary Pakistan captains like Zaheer Abbas, Imran Khan, Asif Iqbal and Javed Miandad, none of them would be turning up on the occasion.
Among those who would be felicitated are current skippers M.S. Dhoni and Misbah-ul Haq. Members of the current squads who have captained the teams at some point of time - India`s Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir and Shoaib Malik of Pakistan.
Former Pakistan skipper Wasim Akram, who is here as a commentator, will also be honoured.
"We will present each of them with a silver salver, tie, Rs.1 lakh in cash and a shawl," CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya told media persons here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Special: The UP village where religion does not preach hatred
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be announced today at 10:30 AM
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Monsoon likely to hit Kerala next week; heatwave death toll climbs to 2,005