Former, current India-Pakistan captains to be felicitated at Eden
Kolkata: Former and current Indian and Pakistan captains would be feted by the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) during the Jan 3 One Day International match between the two teams at the Eden gardens to celebrate the silver jubilee of the ground staging its first ever ODI.
The same two sides had clashed when the hallowed venue staged its maiden ODI Feb 18, 1987. Pakistan had won the thriller by two wickets, thanks to a 36-ball 72 by Salim Malik.
Though the local staging associatIon CAB had invited number of legendary Pakistan captains like Zaheer Abbas, Imran Khan, Asif Iqbal and Javed Miandad, none of them would be turning up on the occasion.
Among those who would be felicitated are current skippers M.S. Dhoni and Misbah-ul Haq. Members of the current squads who have captained the teams at some point of time - India`s Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir and Shoaib Malik of Pakistan.
Former Pakistan skipper Wasim Akram, who is here as a commentator, will also be honoured.
"We will present each of them with a silver salver, tie, Rs.1 lakh in cash and a shawl," CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya told media persons here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway