Former, current India-Pakistan captains to be felicitated at Eden
Kolkata: Former and current Indian and Pakistan captains would be feted by the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) during the Jan 3 One Day International match between the two teams at the Eden gardens to celebrate the silver jubilee of the ground staging its first ever ODI.
The same two sides had clashed when the hallowed venue staged its maiden ODI Feb 18, 1987. Pakistan had won the thriller by two wickets, thanks to a 36-ball 72 by Salim Malik.
Though the local staging associatIon CAB had invited number of legendary Pakistan captains like Zaheer Abbas, Imran Khan, Asif Iqbal and Javed Miandad, none of them would be turning up on the occasion.
Among those who would be felicitated are current skippers M.S. Dhoni and Misbah-ul Haq. Members of the current squads who have captained the teams at some point of time - India`s Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir and Shoaib Malik of Pakistan.
Former Pakistan skipper Wasim Akram, who is here as a commentator, will also be honoured.
"We will present each of them with a silver salver, tie, Rs.1 lakh in cash and a shawl," CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya told media persons here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani