I was nervous but not under any kind of pressure: Bhuvneshwar
Ahmedabad: By his own admission, Bhuvneshwar Kumar was a bit "nervous" but certainly not overawed ahead of his dream debut against arch rivals Pakistan where he had stunning figures of 3/9 in four overs.
"Any Indian cricketer playing against Pakistan is excited. Like any other debutant, I was a bit nervous but there was no pressure to perform," said the young UP lad who has suddenly caught the imagination of the cricket crazy Indian fans.
Kumar had reduced Pakistan to 12 for three taking all the wickets in his first two overs when the vistors started the chase.
The all-rounder said his seniors told him to treat it as any "normal match."
"I played it like a normal match. The seniors came to me and told me play this like a normal match," he said.
The wicket at Motera will be completely different from the one in Bangalore which aided seamers.
"The conditions here is different. The one in Bangalore was seaming and over here, it will be slow and offer turn. The attempt will be to execute the plan and give our best shot."
He further said the team is not under pressure as they are 0-1 down in the series.
"There is no pressure on us. We play to win. In the last match, unfortunately we lost. But we will try our best to win this one," he said.
While Pakistan captain Mohammed Hafeez termed giant speedster Muhammad Irfan (7 ft 1 inch) as a "surprise package", Kumar wasn`t attributed with any such term by his skipper.
"Obviously, he (Dhoni) must have thought that I am not a surprise package and would have expected me to perform well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH