India aim for No.1 spot in ODIs
Dubai: India will aim to claim the No.1 spot in the ICC One-Day Internationals rankings table for the first time ever when they square off against Pakistan in a three-match series from Dec 30 in Chennai.
The reigning World Champions are currently ranked third in the ODI table with 120 ratings points, just one rating point behind No.1 England and South Africa in second place. England are a fraction of a point ahead of South Africa.
If India win the first match in the series against Pakistan, they will go top of the table for the first time ever with 121 ratings points, ahead of both England and South Africa by a fraction of a point.
India have only achieved a ranking as high as No.2 thus far.
If India win all three matches in the series then they will be the clear leader at 123 ratings points, with a lead of two points over England and South Africa.
But if India lose even one of their matches against Pakistan, then they will remain in third place.
Pakistan, currently ranked sixth, on the other hand, can hope to move up a spot to fifth if they win all three matches against India, gaining six ratings points to move to 110.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj