India-Pakistan Kotla ODI fixed?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former England cricketer Paul Nixon has stirred a controversy with his tweets suggesting that the India Pakistan match, played at Ferozeshah Kotla on Sunday, was fixed.
Nixon tweeted, “Pakistan throwing this game away eh ! #thereisasurprise 24 from 24 ...Strangely my money is on India $$$$ from here ...Watch this space.”
When one of his followers asked if Nixon was suggesting that the match was fixed, his reply was, “Are you suggesting that Pakistani cricketers would throw a match? R u watching the game?”
He went on to add that Pakistan throwing away the game was predictable after they had won the series.
The hosts had already lost the series after being comprehensively beaten in the first two ODIs played in Chennai and Kolkata. Sunday’s thrilling win for India was only a consolation victory as Pakistan won the series 2-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!