India-Pakistan Kotla ODI fixed?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former England cricketer Paul Nixon has stirred a controversy with his tweets suggesting that the India Pakistan match, played at Ferozeshah Kotla on Sunday, was fixed.
Nixon tweeted, “Pakistan throwing this game away eh ! #thereisasurprise 24 from 24 ...Strangely my money is on India $$$$ from here ...Watch this space.”
When one of his followers asked if Nixon was suggesting that the match was fixed, his reply was, “Are you suggesting that Pakistani cricketers would throw a match? R u watching the game?”
He went on to add that Pakistan throwing away the game was predictable after they had won the series.
The hosts had already lost the series after being comprehensively beaten in the first two ODIs played in Chennai and Kolkata. Sunday’s thrilling win for India was only a consolation victory as Pakistan won the series 2-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar