India-Pakistan Kotla ODI fixed?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former England cricketer Paul Nixon has stirred a controversy with his tweets suggesting that the India Pakistan match, played at Ferozeshah Kotla on Sunday, was fixed.
Nixon tweeted, “Pakistan throwing this game away eh ! #thereisasurprise 24 from 24 ...Strangely my money is on India $$$$ from here ...Watch this space.”
When one of his followers asked if Nixon was suggesting that the match was fixed, his reply was, “Are you suggesting that Pakistani cricketers would throw a match? R u watching the game?”
He went on to add that Pakistan throwing away the game was predictable after they had won the series.
The hosts had already lost the series after being comprehensively beaten in the first two ODIs played in Chennai and Kolkata. Sunday’s thrilling win for India was only a consolation victory as Pakistan won the series 2-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- 48 hours on, Indian Air Force's AN 32 still untraceable; families of missing officials pray for good news
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside