India-Pakistan Kotla ODI fixed?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former England cricketer Paul Nixon has stirred a controversy with his tweets suggesting that the India Pakistan match, played at Ferozeshah Kotla on Sunday, was fixed.
Nixon tweeted, “Pakistan throwing this game away eh ! #thereisasurprise 24 from 24 ...Strangely my money is on India $$$$ from here ...Watch this space.”
When one of his followers asked if Nixon was suggesting that the match was fixed, his reply was, “Are you suggesting that Pakistani cricketers would throw a match? R u watching the game?”
He went on to add that Pakistan throwing away the game was predictable after they had won the series.
The hosts had already lost the series after being comprehensively beaten in the first two ODIs played in Chennai and Kolkata. Sunday’s thrilling win for India was only a consolation victory as Pakistan won the series 2-1.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'