India-Pakistan match spectator suffers fatal heart attack
Bangalore: A 47-year-old cricket fan died late Tuesday following a heart attack while watching the first India-Pakistan T20 match at the Chinnaswamy stadium here, a senior police official said.
"Kamal Jain, who was watching the match from stands, felt uneasy during the 18th over when Pakistan was batting. Though he was rushed to the nearby Mallya hospital by ambulance, he died after admission," Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Kante Gowda told IANS here.
Jain, who originally hails from Odisha, was working in a private firm in Bangalore.
As Jain complained of breathing trouble, his family members, who were also present in the stands, carried him out of the stadium and rushed to the hospital, less than 1km from the venue.
"No case is being registered as it was a natural death. It was a coincidence that he was in the stadium then when he felt uneasy as he was not able to breathe properly. It`s sad," Gowda added.
India lost to Pakistan by five wickets in a thriller.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'