India-Pakistan match spectator suffers fatal heart attack
Bangalore: A 47-year-old cricket fan died late Tuesday following a heart attack while watching the first India-Pakistan T20 match at the Chinnaswamy stadium here, a senior police official said.
"Kamal Jain, who was watching the match from stands, felt uneasy during the 18th over when Pakistan was batting. Though he was rushed to the nearby Mallya hospital by ambulance, he died after admission," Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Kante Gowda told IANS here.
Jain, who originally hails from Odisha, was working in a private firm in Bangalore.
As Jain complained of breathing trouble, his family members, who were also present in the stands, carried him out of the stadium and rushed to the hospital, less than 1km from the venue.
"No case is being registered as it was a natural death. It was a coincidence that he was in the stadium then when he felt uneasy as he was not able to breathe properly. It`s sad," Gowda added.
India lost to Pakistan by five wickets in a thriller.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw