India-Pakistan match spectator suffers fatal heart attack
Bangalore: A 47-year-old cricket fan died late Tuesday following a heart attack while watching the first India-Pakistan T20 match at the Chinnaswamy stadium here, a senior police official said.
"Kamal Jain, who was watching the match from stands, felt uneasy during the 18th over when Pakistan was batting. Though he was rushed to the nearby Mallya hospital by ambulance, he died after admission," Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Kante Gowda told IANS here.
Jain, who originally hails from Odisha, was working in a private firm in Bangalore.
As Jain complained of breathing trouble, his family members, who were also present in the stands, carried him out of the stadium and rushed to the hospital, less than 1km from the venue.
"No case is being registered as it was a natural death. It was a coincidence that he was in the stadium then when he felt uneasy as he was not able to breathe properly. It`s sad," Gowda added.
India lost to Pakistan by five wickets in a thriller.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!