India, Pakistan teams arrive in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: The cricket teams of India and Pakistan arrived here for the second and final Twenty20 international, to be played here on Friday.
Pakistan beat India by five wickets yesterday at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore to take a 1-0 lead in the two-match T20 series.
India would hope that their batsmen fire in unison this time around after they floundered a solid opening partnership to reach a below par score of 133-9 in Bangalore.
India pegged Pakistan back with three quick wickets through debutant Bhuvneshwar Kumar but other bowlers could not support him and captain Mohammad Hafeez and middle-order batsman Shoaib Malik stitched a match-winning stand of 106 runs for the fourth-wicket.
Meanwhile, sources said that Rs 300 tickets were being sold for as high as Rs 2,500 for the Ahmedabad match by the touts.
Pakistan is touring India for the first time after cricketing ties between both the countries were suspended following the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks in 2008.
They will play three One Day Internationals (ODIs) after the T20 series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!