India, Pakistan teams arrive in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: The cricket teams of India and Pakistan arrived here for the second and final Twenty20 international, to be played here on Friday.
Pakistan beat India by five wickets yesterday at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore to take a 1-0 lead in the two-match T20 series.
India would hope that their batsmen fire in unison this time around after they floundered a solid opening partnership to reach a below par score of 133-9 in Bangalore.
India pegged Pakistan back with three quick wickets through debutant Bhuvneshwar Kumar but other bowlers could not support him and captain Mohammad Hafeez and middle-order batsman Shoaib Malik stitched a match-winning stand of 106 runs for the fourth-wicket.
Meanwhile, sources said that Rs 300 tickets were being sold for as high as Rs 2,500 for the Ahmedabad match by the touts.
Pakistan is touring India for the first time after cricketing ties between both the countries were suspended following the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks in 2008.
They will play three One Day Internationals (ODIs) after the T20 series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details