India vs Pakistan 2012: Bangalore T20I - Statistical highlights
Bangalore: Statistical highlights of the first Twenty20 International between India and Pakistan here.
• Ajinkya Rahane (42 off 31 balls) recorded his second highest score in T20Is - his only half-century in T20Is is 61 against England at Manchester on August 31, 2011.
• Mohammad Hafeez`s match-winning 61 off 44 balls is his first fifty as captain in T20Is - his third half-century in T20Is.
• The innings is Hafeez`s second highest in T20Is, behind the 71 off 48 balls against Zimbabwe at Harare on September 16, 2011.
• Pakistan have won all three games when Hafeez has posted fifties in T20Is.
• Hafeez`s outstanding innings is the highest individual innings by a Pakistani player against India in T20Is.
• Hafeez was named the Man of the Match - his fifth MOM in T20Is.
• Shoaib Malik and Hafeez added 106 for the fourth wicket - Pakistan`s highest for this wicket-position as well as their highest for any wicket against India in T20Is.
• The 106-run stand is the fourth highest for any wicket for Pakistan in T20Is.
• Gautam Gambhir is the top run-scorer in India-Pakistan T20Is - 118 at an average of 29.50 in four matches.
• Rahane and Gambhir have added 77 for the first wicket - India`s highest for any wicket against Pakistan in T20Is, outstripping the 74 between Virender Sehwag and Virat Kohli for the second wicket at Colombo (RPS) on September 30, 2012.
• Saeed Ajmal became the first bowler to complete 25 wickets (ave.13.96) in 15 T20Is this year.
• Pakistan`s five-wicket victory is their first in four games against India in T20Is.
• India (133/9) have recorded their lowest total against Pakistan in T20Is.
• Umar Gul has bowled brilliantly to capture 3 for 21 - the second best figures for Pakistan against India in T20Is - the best being 4 for 18 by Mohammad Asif at Durban on September 14, 2007.
• Umar, thanks to his best performance against India in T20Is took his tally to six at an average of 17.66 in four games - the best by a Pakistani bowler against India in T20Is.
• Bhuvneshwar Kumar has recorded an economy rate of 2.25 - the best by an Indian bowler on T20I debut. Kumar and West Indian, Garey Mathurin are two bowlers to register an economy rate of 2.25 on T20I debut in four overs. Mathurin had figures of were 4-0-9-3 on his debut against England at The Oval on September 25, 2011.
• Kumar`s figures of 4-0-9-3 are the best by an Indian fast bowler on debut in a T20I. His figures are the second best by an Indian bowler on debut. Against Bangladesh, Pragyan Ojha had figures of 4 for 21 at Nottingham on June 6, 2009.
• Shoaib Malik (57 not out off 50 balls) has registered his third half-century in T20Is - his excellent innings is his highest score in T20Is
• Malik`s first two fifties in T20Is are 57 against Sri Lanka on September 17, 2007 and 52 not out against Australia on September 18, 2007 - both at Johannesburg. Since posting 58 against Australia in the Hobart Test in January 2010, Malik has registered his first fifty in 41 innings in international cricket.
• Two fifties in the same innings have been recorded for Pakistan for the first time against India in T20Is.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees