India vs Pakistan 2012: Kohli doubtful starter for 2nd ODI
Chennai: Indian batsman Virat Kohli was today rendered a doubtful starter for the second ODI against Pakistan to be held in Kolkata on Thursday after he suffered a foot injury in the first match here.
Kohli suffered the injury while bowling the 41st over of Pakistan`s run chase. His backfoot slipped in the delivery stride and he landed on his knees. He limped off the field and Suresh Raina finished off the last ball of the over.
The BCCI said Kohli`s condition will be monitored and a decision on his availability for the second ODI will be taken over the next couple of days.
"Virat Kohli, who sustained a foot injury while bowling in the first AIRTEL ODI against Pakistan at Chennai earlier today, underwent an MRI scan after the game," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
"All his major ligaments are fine. There is minimal injury fluid in his knee. He will recover after treatment. His condition will be monitored, and a decision on whether he will play the second AIRTEL ODI at Kolkata on 3 January 2013, will be taken over the next couple of days," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman