India vs Pakistan: A fit Kohli practices hard at net session
Kolkata: Virat Kohli, who suffered a foot injury in India`s first ODI against Pakistan in Chennai, looked fit at the nets on Wednesday as he was seen knocking at the ball for quite a long time during the two-hour net session.
Even Mahendra Singh Dhoni said that Kohli would be available for selection for tomorrow`s One-dayer.
"He`s available for selection," Dhoni said on the eve of the India-Pakistan`s second ODI at the Eden Gardens here.
Kohli, however, did not pad up and refrained from the rigours of net practice.
He had suffered a foot injury while bowling the 41st over of Pakistan`s run chase in the first ODI. He limped off the field after slipping in the delivery stride and landing on his knees. Suresh Raina finished off the last ball of the over.
The Indian batsmen followed the order in the nets, while fielding coach Trevor Penney was seen testing them with high-rising deliveries.
All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja sweated it out at the nets, giving ample indication that he might get a look in for out-of-form Rohit Sharma, who has totalled 34 in his last four innings (one ODI and three T20Is).
There is also speculation that in-form batsman Ajinkya Rahane may make the cut, but with Kohli looking fit, it remains to be seen whether the youngster will get a chance.
Meanwhile, the met department has forecast a few spells of rains but a clear day towards the afternoon and evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video