India vs Pakistan: A fit Kohli practices hard at net session
Kolkata: Virat Kohli, who suffered a foot injury in India`s first ODI against Pakistan in Chennai, looked fit at the nets on Wednesday as he was seen knocking at the ball for quite a long time during the two-hour net session.
Even Mahendra Singh Dhoni said that Kohli would be available for selection for tomorrow`s One-dayer.
"He`s available for selection," Dhoni said on the eve of the India-Pakistan`s second ODI at the Eden Gardens here.
Kohli, however, did not pad up and refrained from the rigours of net practice.
He had suffered a foot injury while bowling the 41st over of Pakistan`s run chase in the first ODI. He limped off the field after slipping in the delivery stride and landing on his knees. Suresh Raina finished off the last ball of the over.
The Indian batsmen followed the order in the nets, while fielding coach Trevor Penney was seen testing them with high-rising deliveries.
All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja sweated it out at the nets, giving ample indication that he might get a look in for out-of-form Rohit Sharma, who has totalled 34 in his last four innings (one ODI and three T20Is).
There is also speculation that in-form batsman Ajinkya Rahane may make the cut, but with Kohli looking fit, it remains to be seen whether the youngster will get a chance.
Meanwhile, the met department has forecast a few spells of rains but a clear day towards the afternoon and evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen