Pak chief selector says pace duo Junaid, Irfan ‘biggest positive’ from India tour
Islamabad: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief selector, Iqbal Qasim has claimed pace men Junaid Khan and Mohammad Irfan are the biggest finds from the ongoing limited over series against archrivals India.
Qasim believes the duo of Junaid and Irfan has the makings of world-class new-ball players in future, the Express Tribune reports.
Junaid and Irfan entered the international fray at a time when Pakistan was experiencing a dearth of fast-bowlers after the exit of Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif.
Qasim said the young pacers’ feats in India are a testament to their potential of bringing laurels to the team.
Qasim added Junaid has been outstanding and is improving continuously, adding that left-arm pace man is young and if given chances, he would improve further.
The chief selector was also pleased with the towering Irfan and said he could improve further if he steered clear of fitness problems.
Qasim urged the team to avoid complacency after their win and work to overcome their weak areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days