Pak pacers sweat it out at nets on Tuesday
Kolkata: Pakistan`s speed merchants Mohammed Irfan, Junaid Khan and senior pro Umar Gul went full throttle at the team`s net session today as they bowled aiming at one stump under watchful eyes of their bowling coach Mohammed Akram.
The Pakistan batsmen however had a routine net session at the Eden Gardens today.
There was a tinge of green on the 22-yard strip at the Eden Gardens but it is certainly more about retaining the firmness of the pitch and can be expected to be shaved off before the start of the match.
The duo of Junaid and Irfan of 7 ft 1 inch fame, bowled four Indian top order batsmen in the Ahmedabad one-dayer to leave the hosts tottering at 29 for five in the 10th over, that set up the six-wicket win.
11 members of the Indian squad arrived in three batches from Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi as they opted to take a day`s off.
India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni along with all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja, coach Duncan Fletcher and local lads Ashok Dinda and Mohammad Shami Ahmed had arrived yesterday.
India will practice tomorrow afternoon followed by Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details